Celebrity › Salma Hayek › Facts|
Salma Hayek Facts
- Her name Salma is a Spanish name which came from Arabic word of 'peace' and 'calm'.
- Selected by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- In Italian her first name means "corpse".
- Is dyslexic.
- Enjoys: hiking, dancing, and watching LA Lakers basketball games.
- Owns a production company called Ventanarosa
- Has posed in ad campaigns for Revlon, H&M, and March of Dimes.
- Salma is a close friend of Penelope Cruz and Ashley Judd
- Salma is the new face of the 118-year-old cosmetic firm Avon. Avon signed the Oscar-nominated actress February 2003 as its spokesperson, in an effort to overhaul its image. The Hollywood leading lady has also committed herself to be the spokesperson for Avon's anti-domestic violence initiative, which aims to champion the health and well being of women around the world.
- Had to miss the inauguration ceremony of the 17,000-seat theatre in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico because of delays of LAS BANDIDAS filming. (November 23, 2004)
- Split from her boyfriend of a year, actor Josh Lucas. (2004)
- Favorite American dish: Thanksgiving Dinner
- Favorite Mexican dish: Chiles en hogada
- Doesn't like to eat: onions
- Actors Salma would like to work with: Daniel Day-Lewis, Sean Penn, Johnny Depp
- Sexiest Man Alive: Marlon Brando
- Role Salma would like to play: Juana la Loca of Henry de Merchelant
- Favorite restaurants: Matsuhisha, Versailles & Ivy
- Favorite movies:
A Star is Born
It Happened One Night
Gone with the Wind
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
A Clockwork Orange
The World According to Garp